Software as a service (SaaS) is a model of software delivery where the software company provides maintenance, daily technical operation, and support for the software provided to their client. This approach – also known as cloud development – allows our customers to focus on their core business and enjoy a steady revenue stream while making continual improvements to their offerings without the hassle of version upgrades and distribution. SaaS is a model of software delivery rather than a market segment; it assumes the software is delivered over the internet. Software can be delivered using this method to any market segment, from home consumers to corporations.
Need for SaaS
- Does your organization have a service that could be more effective if delivered over the internet?
- Is there is any need to expand the scope of the existing web application?
- If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, you have come to the right place.
SaaS Development has several additional considerations compared to traditional software product development. Some of the considerations to name a few are:
- Subscriptions, Metering, Billing and Payments
- Multi-Tenancy, Security, and Data Isolation
- Availability, Monitoring and Service Levels
- On-premise data, application, and process integration
- Scalability, Capacity planning and Cost of Ownership
- Device access including web and mobile
- Everyone has a computer
- Computing itself is a commodity
- Applications are standardized
- Parametric applications are usable – Many SaaS providers allow a wide range of customization within a basic set of functions.
- A specialized software provider can target a global market
- Web systems are reliable enough
- Security is sufficiently well trusted and transparent
- Availability of enablement technology
- Wide Area Network’s bandwidth has grown drastically
- Lower total cost of ownership
- Focus on core business and not IT
Successful SaaS development requires you to work with a services provider well versed in both the underlying development technologies as well as the singular challenges of the SaaS model. Markuplab offers both kinds of expertise. SAAS gives advantage to both users and service providers by implementing the automation of business process quicker which eventually allows a quicker Return on Investment(ROI). Recent studies on SaaS model shows that compared to the conventional client side installed software solutions, Software as a Service provide ROI twice as fast.